A charming stay in a historic palace to discover Trieste among panoramic excursions, castles and towns for an Italian vacation.
The exclusive address DoubleTree by Hilton Trieste, inside a historic palace in the heart of the city and managed by HNH Hospitality, has just launched Viva Italia, a special package designed to restart and stimulate vacations among the wonders of the Bel Paese. It will be an occasion to stay in a very charming location, in an early 20th century building with an atmosphere of long ago, enjoying unique gourmet treats, and discovering the historic and natural beauty of the Triestine county seat.
The Viva Italia package reserved for two people for a stay of at least two nights, includes a welcome gift upon Guests’ arrival in the room, a discount on Food&Beverage services in the charming Novecento Restaurant which offers local and international cuisine and in the historic bar of the hotel, the Berlam Coffee Tea & Cocktail, where Guests can enjoy a typical Triestine cocktail, and finally free admission to the enchanting Miramare Castle and its park, owned by the Hapsburgs. Comfort and safety are guaranteed as the hotel adheres to the Hilton CleanStay program directives, a strict protocol of sanitization measures aimed to offer Guests a worry-free stay.
And for those who are not familiar with Trieste and its surroundings, here are 5 must-see places in the area, selected and suggested by the Hotel Manager:
- Tour to discover the beating heart of the city starting from Piazza Unità d’Italia, where splendid historic buildings such as the Municipality, the Prefecture and the Regional Council stand, and reaching Colle San Giusto, the first human settlement in the city. The itinerary continues up to Molo Audace, a pier extending 200 meters out to sea, a magical and relaxing place for a pleasant stroll. Continuing along the panoramic coastal road, you finally reach the majestic Miramare Castle, residence of the Hapsburgs, overlooking the sea and surrounded by a magnificent 22-hectare park.
- The Napoleonic Way, a five-kilometer path completely immersed in the verdant nature, suitable for all ages, gives breath-taking panoramic views of the city and the Gulf of Trieste. This path, which connects Piazzale dell’Obelisco in the Opicinaneighborhood with Prosecco, can be easily reached by car, bus or the characteristic Triestine tram.
- Another place absolutely worth visiting is the Grotta Gigante in the town Borgo Grotta. This cave, dating back to about 10 million years ago, is in the subsoil of the Karst massif in the municipality of Sgonico and offers almost one kilometer characterized by steps, walkways and artificial tunnels. In addition, it is in the Guinness Book of World Records as the world’s largest show cave.
- Trieste offers magical panoramas: the Duino Castle, perched on a Karst outcrop overlooking the sea, is a charming castle built in 1389 and residence for over four centuries of the noble family von Thurm und Taxis, currently Torre Tasso. Over the centuries, the castle has hosted great artistssuch as Johan Strauss, Franz Liszt, Gabriele D’Annunzio, Hugo von Hofmannsthals, Pauol Valery, Mark Twain and Reiner Maria Rilke.
- Borgo di Muggia, a picturesque village overlooking the splendid bay close to Slovenia, welcomes visitors with a lively and colorful atmosphere that recalls the narrow streets of Venice. Must-sees: the breath-taking view of the sea, the protohistoric remains of the villages Santa Barbara and Muggia Vecchia, a trace of the Roman and medieval past of the village, the Muggia Castle dates back to the 1300s. Finally, in the oldest part of Muggia, the Archeological Park of Muggia Vecchia, an interesting educational itinerary that guides visitors through the history of the medieval village.
Here is the Viva Italia package in detail:
Stay duration: At least 2 nights
Period: for bookings from 1/07 to 29/12 (bookings can be made the same day of arrival)
The package includes:
a stay for 2 people including breakfast
special welcome gift in the room
admission to the Miramare Castle for two people with round-trip bus transport (Yestour operator)
15% discount on Food&Beverage services (bar and restaurant)
for a minimum spent on Food&Beverage services, additional Hilton Honors points will be awarded
Bookings can be made up to 29 December 2020 directly on the hotel website, from the convenient Hilton app, by phoning the hotel at 040.9712950 or by reserving the room even on the same day of arrival at the Hotel. The package rate is flexible and can be cancelled, if the booking is made through the website, up to the day before arrival for reservations by 31/08.